Friday, January 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Tonight I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (page 228) for dessert after our Shabbat dinner. This is a fairly simple recipe, but the cookie is loaded with goodies. I made a couple of substitutions - I do not have whole wheat flour in our pantry, so I used all-purpose flour and I hate natural peanut butter, so I just used regular old Jif (yum).

My daughters helped me measure out and pour the ingredients and we used our medium sized Oxo cookie scoop to ladle out the dough. The optimum baking time for our oven was 14 minutes and the cookies needed about two minutes to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to the wire rack.

My mom's boyfriend suggested that the peanut butter flavor was a little understated, but I thought the cookies were delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment