Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snickerdoodles


Today I am celebrating a friend's 38th birthday. What better way to celebrate than cookies? If you can't indulge on your birthday, then when can you? So I chose the Snickerdoodle recipe (page 82) to take over to her house for our little get-together.

I have linked to the Snickerdoodle recipe on Martha Stewart's website, but that is slightly different than the recipe in the cookbook. The cookbook recipe is simpler, with no cream of tartar or vegetable shortening. It's just a simple sugar cookie recipe, and then the balls of dough are rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before being put on the cookie sheet and into the oven.

The result is a lovely, soft cookie with a nice cinnamon flavor. My daughter helped me make the cookies, and she even got to sneak a bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment