Thursday, January 14, 2010

Almond Macaroons


So because the best cookie is one you share with a friend ... I decided to send the next two batches of cookies with my husband to his boys' poker weekend in Hocking Hills. I chose two recipes in Martha's "Soft & Chewy" section. These were the Almond Macaroons, from page 91.

The recipe is fairly simple and calls for only six ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry already (except for maybe the almond paste). I did have some almond paste in my pantry, actually, and I chose this recipe as a chance to use it. In fact, I doubled the recipe so that I could the entire can.

It was a good thing that I did double the recipe, because it doesn't make very many cookies. Martha claims that her recipe yields a dozen, but I only got a dozen and a half out of the double recipe (of course I think my cookies were a little bigger than hers).

The cookies were soft and chewy. The first batch stuck to the parchment paper a little, so I cooked the second batch 2 minutes less, and they came off the parchment with ease. When my husband and brother-in-law got home and saw them cooling on the rack, they were DYING to eat one, but I am making them wait until their trip tomorrow. I know, so mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment