Friday, June 4, 2010

Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies


I have laid off the blogging for a few weeks, but I have still been making cookies. I left out a few entries - for Gingersnap Palmiers (not my fave) and Buttery Pecan Rounds (tasted like Butter Pecan ice cream) - and maybe I'll make those cookies another time, and blog about them then.

For Memorial Day, we joined good friends for a wonderful barbeque and I made some Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies (page 77) to bring along. As usual for our kitchen, I omitted the golden raisins called for in the recipe. The recipe also calls for chunky-style applesauce, which I didn't have. I just threw in one single serve no-sugar-added applesauce container that my son usually has for lunch.

The icing was very easy, and the maple syrup gave the whole cookie a delicious maple flavor. The kids and adults liked the cookies, and afterwards, our host took them to his poker game, where they were devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment