Sunday, June 13, 2010

Coconut Swirl Brownies


I made these Coconut Swirl Brownies (page 274) for Shabbat dinner when my brother-in-law and his family were visiting. I wanted something easy, kid-friendly and quick - and this recipe was all of those, as well as delicious!

I happened to have had a can of sweetened condensed milk stashed away in the pantry, which was the only "unusual" ingredient that I don't typically stock. Also, the batter is meant to be spread into an 8" x 8" square baking pan, and I discovered that I don't own one of these staple items! Instead of making crispy brownies in my 9" x 13" pan, I chose to use a 9" round pie pan instead. It worked just fine, and I cut the brownies into triangular wedges.

These brownies were included in the "rich and dense" section of Martha's cookbook, and rightly so. They were very rich, but not terribly dense. They were on the cakier side of brownies.

Below is a picture of my brother-in-law devouring this yummy dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment