Friday, April 9, 2010

Biscuit Sandwich Cookies


Time to make more cookies! This I chose the Biscuit Sandwich Cookie (p. 299) recipe because I was looking for a something a little bit different. These cookies were very easy to make, and didn't generate a huge mess because you mix them in the food processor as opposed to the mixer. The food processor is much easier to handle.

When the dough came out of the food processor, it was quite soft and sticky. Martha's suggestion of rolling out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper was very helpful. However, the dough was still quite soft and sticky after it was rolled out, so I put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before I cut out the shapes, and it was much easier to handle and maintain the cookies' shapes.

It is important to make sure the cookies are evenly rolled out to a consistent thickness; otherwise, some will burn, or get browner on the edges.

I used melted milk chocolate for the filling, but you could easily use Nutella or another kind of dessert spread. The cookies themselves are not terribly sweet, but with the chocolate, they are just sweet enough, and crispy and delicious! My husband did complain about the low yield of this recipe (~1 1/2 dozen) ... but that keeps us from overindulging.

The picture below is my mom and daughter enjoying a Biscuit Sandwich Cookie for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment